Monday 23 June 2014

Just for a Change ...............


I've made a Male card!!  This is a card I was asked to make by a friend who this week celebrates 59 years of marriage (I'm already booked for the 'Big" card next year). My friend worked as a Librarian and so this LOTV image seemed ideal.



As you can see it's a very LOTV card. I used a For You Circular Sentiment which actually says On Your Anniversary but I managed to 'un-ink' the 'Y' - it took several attempts though.  I also used papers from the Petal Fresh and Bonnets & Bows pads. The yellow paper is, I think, Dovecraft Back to Basics IV. Everything was matted onto Centura Pearl and the image is matted onto a frame cut with Spellbinders Captivating Squares S4-414.

The raffia ribbon (which I should use more often) and gems are from stash and the paper bow was very kindly given to me by a crafting friend. (I think it is the Sue Wilson Classic 3D Bow).


Bow detail


So sweet!



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:




Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, this image is so sweet and the papers are lovely. The bow looks stunning!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The bow is stunning and the image is so sweet. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Louise; such lovely soft colours.

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley June Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous make, very cleverly put together!! Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise

    A great card and extra personal for your friend because the image suits them so very well.

    Love the paper bow too!

    60 years next year! Wow!! How special.

    Hope The Queen knows too.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete