Tuesday 18 November 2014

Merry Christmas! and A Goodbye

Now I don't 'do' Christmas cards but this month's theme at Lili of the Valley is Merry Christmas and as it's also the LAST challenge I needed to make an effort!

I have chosen to make a bendy card which is a new concept to me. I used this tutorial from Emma Fewkes.

The base is made with a dark red Papermania textured card and I used a Martha Stewart punch at the top corners. The brads have been triple-embossed with holographic powder for extra sparkle. The image is from a Christmas Girls cute squares pack which I've had for ages. I fussy-cut out the image and also the fairy at the left-hand side, added plenty of Glamour Dust for sparkle and also some Glossy Accents to the bear's eyes and nose. The stocking, charm and ribbon are all from stash.






Looking down at the layers



Sideways Views






I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:


LOTV Ideas to Inspire Monthly Challenge - Merry Christmas!
The Ribbon Girl - Colour Challenge - RED




Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant card and love the shape. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a unique card style - it looks fab! Such a cute image too. Congratulations on your LOTV badge last month too, I was really pleased for you :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your bendy card Louise .. .. what a great shape!

    Loving all the Glamour Dust too! Where would we be without it!!!

    Good luck with the challenges and many thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. I am trying hard to catch up with everyone .. .. but it is taking me some time.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so unusual Louise, I like the shape!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Merry Christmas' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the bright red and the image is so sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete