Saturday 8 January 2011

A Commission

Today's cards are ones I was asked to make by a friend whose two daughters-in-law celebrated their 40th birthdays in December so it's OK to post them now.  She said to do both cards the same but I felt happier doing different cards albeit along similar lines.



DPs -  Piece of Cake by Dovecraft
Whiff of Joy image 'Willow dressing up' coloured with Promarkers
Crystal Stem and Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Leaves from Joanna Sheen
Tools used - Martha Stewart PATP Eyelet Lace punches - Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet for the number 40
White and Mirri card from stash.




DPs -My Mind's Eye - Pretty Please (freebie with magazine) 
Whiff of Joy image 'Willow with Champagne' coloured with Promarkers
Pin and Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Leaves from Joanna Sheen
Tools used - Martha Stewart Deep Edge Doily Lace punch -
Marianne Creatables Flourish - Oval Nestabilities - Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet for the number 40
White and Mirri card and jewels from stash.

I finished off by making a plain box for each card using the Martha Stewart Scoreboard and decorated with XCut punch butterflies.


Louise

10 comments:

  1. What absolutely stunning cards. I love the layout you have used, the colours and the images are beautiful. I wish I could make some girly cards as stunning as these xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, I bet the recipients were thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Both of these cards are gorgeous, Im sure the recipients will love them! Very pretty colours, great images, and I just LOVE the flourishes!

    your blog is lovely :) lots of fab inspiration, I am now following,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards and I bet the recipient was very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very elegant cards Louise, such petty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, love the mirri card effect on them both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just BEAUTIFUL such care and skill lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such beautiful cards. You should enter some blog challenges ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's absolutely gorgeous Louise!!! Great job!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my blog candy.

    I hope you will return ...

    big hugs for you...Claudia

    ReplyDelete